www.flickr.com

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Nick Drake Musical Genius Died too Young



Nick Drake has one of the most haunting voices I have heard. Virtually unknown during his life, but highly respected and appreciated now. Sad and moving. I picked up one of his CDs in an excellent small record shop in Pennsylvania, quite randomnly during one of my trips to the US when I was based in Singapore. I played it over and over on the long haul back. He has a phenomenal voice. You can sample more here.

River Man is one of the most haunting songs you are ever likely to hear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi would you mind letting me know which webhost you're working with? I've loaded your blog in 3 completely different
browsers and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
Can you recommend a good internet hosting provider at a honest price?
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Also visit my web-site: diet plans that work fast