www.flickr.com

Thursday, November 16, 2006

I Hate You Two



My commute home tonight was one hour and twenty minutes rather than the more normal twenty minutes because of bloody zillions of carbon emitters commuting to see U2. It made me really appreciate Adelaide that we don't have to put up with significant commuting baloney most of the time. I have very unpleasant memories of my commute home around the Beltway in Washington DC, trips into town from the Airport in Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Manila, Jakarta and Bangkok, trips through San Francisco and over the George Washington Bridge into New York. People in Adelaide are very lucky. Let it be a warning to the government that their plans for growth have to be accompanied by sensible planning for transportation. Anyway Bono and Pals had a special guest tonight. Glad I missed it. I never did like them much.

1 comment:

James Higham said...

It's the fascinating combination of labels below the post that cap it off.