www.flickr.com

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Countdown to March 14 St Kitts and Nevis

As Australia turn the screws on England in Perth, likely securing the Ashes at the same time, Scotland cruised to a 6 wicket ODI thrashing by Bangladesh in the first of a two match series.

The second match of the Cricket World Cup between my country of birth and country of residence is likely to be pretty one sided, with the first ten over score likely to be 6 for 47 or 176 for no wicket. Us patriotic Scots can only hope that it is not a rout. My colleagues cannot understand why I quietly support England when I am Scottish. I mean I detest the English Football team with all the overpaid prima donnas and yet I have a sentimental affection for the English Cricket Team. I will likely have to take the day off on the 15th. Even the most optimistic cannot hope for a result.

I am curious if the Tartan Army Bagpiper will be allowed to play?

3 comments:

Bill Haydon said...

Well I'll be a Scot on that day too. Let's face it, how much worse can they be? Gilchrist who couldn't bat for toffee anymore has scored a 57 ball 100. Great, well done England. He even got 25% of that in one Panesar over!

Colin Campbell said...

We need all the help that we can get.

Bill Haydon said...

You and us both mate!