www.flickr.com

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Dreaded Meme Time

Duncan has done the equivalent of the Glasgae Kiss in blogging terms. He tagged me. Tagging is interesting because tagging is a real job description for some Aussie Rules Footballers. They are the ones who hang around you like a bad smell and stop you from doing what you want to do in the game. All negative and the analogy is very true in this case. That said, Duncan is a nice guy and why not.

The truth is that I have not been tagged in a long time and I feel we have to do our duty every now and again. Even James Uber Meme Hater/Killer did a meme recently. Perhaps it was for this reason. Maybe he is a big softy.

1. The rules of the game get posted on the beginning.
2. Each player answers the rules about himself [or indeed herself].
3. At the end of the post, the player tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they’ve been tagged and asking them to read his [or her] blog.

What I was doing ten years ago:

I was in Singapore living on the East Coast, getting ready to be a Dad for the first time and preparing to get married. I was doing similar work to what I do do now, land contamination assessments, just more countries to cover. Thank you Thank you Singapore Airlines, the Hyatt Hotel Chain, Singapore Taxis, expense accounts and the like. I prefer my simple life now, but that was interesting.

Five things on my To-Do list today:

I am not one for lists. I wait for my wife to yell at me and then I know it is important. I actually don't have too much on my list since it is Saturday, it is wet and cold and my wife has gone with my son to visit her friend. Lazy day and evening.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:

Hell would freeze over before that happened based upon my financial accumen. If I didn't have to work, I wouldn't. I would have no problem finding things to do. I would visit the relatives in the UK, travel and then find something that my family would like to do.

Three of my bad habits:

Procrastination
Sloppy Behaviour
Chronic Lateness

Five places I’ve lived:

Glenrothes, where I was born
Washington DC
Kathmandu
Palawan (Philippines)
Singapore

Actually I have lived in the following places for more than three months, sequentially. Glenrothes Scotland, Country Fife near St Andrews, Aberdeen, London, Cupar Fife, Stirling, Washington DC, Aspen Colorado, Washington DC, Palawan Philippines, Seattle Washington State, Washington DC, New York, Silver Spring Maryland, Kathmandu, Washington DC, Singapore, Sacramento California, Adelaide South Australia.

Five jobs I’ve had:

I've had a bunch of these.

Seed Potato Roguer - Getting rid of all the bad tatties
Pallet Maker in a Saw Mill - One of the worst jobs ever. None of the old guys had all their fingers.
Bus Boy on Aspen Mountain. Free Ski Pass was the major benefit.
Manager of a Sir Speedy Printing Franchise in Seattle.
English Language Teacher for Vietnamese Refugees in the Philippines.

Five books I’ve recently read:

My reading is mostly on line, but I can list

Captain Underpants and the Big Bad Battle of the Bionic Bodger Boy. I had to find out what the attraction was. Both of my kids are currently addicted.
Adelaide Nature of a City. The Ecology of a Dynamic City from 1836 to 2036. Interesting background to Adelaide, my adopted city.
My new mobile phone instruction book. Completely useless, but worthwhile to browse through.
Easy Fast and Fun Food for Kids.
I organise the kids lunch and I am trying to broaden the culinary repertoire. Still not too motivated by all those appealling photographs.
Adelaide Street Guide. Very useful for our spread out urban environment.

Five people or communities I’m going to tag:

Well first of all, bollocks to leaving a comment as per rule 3 at the top. It’s bad enough tagging someone as it is. I plan to tag my community of mice that hang out in our shed, Spotty, our dog, the budgie community and Ben and Daisy the rabbits. I doubt that they will notice.

3 comments:

Andree said...

this post is a prime example of why i love to visit you! Washington! My son lives there. Did you bump into him? I hope you told him to call more. You have lived in such exotic places. I'm never going to move; just love it right here. Thanks for the chuckles!

Unknown said...

read more high replica bags index buy replica bags straight from the source replica gucci bags

toughth said...

redirected here www.dolabuy.su learn the facts here now Goyard Dolabuy Website Celine Dolabuy