www.flickr.com

Friday, April 11, 2008

Work Transition Ongoing



In consulting there are always peaks and valleys in work load. If the valleys go on too long, you lose your job. The key is to hang in their when things are a little quiet.

I got lucky today. Two of my colleagues decided to tidy up my work area. You should have seen it before, but it certainly didn't look like this. I wonder how long I can hold this together.

This is exactly what happened when my wife first moved into my apartment in Singapore. A big clean out.

Thanks Michelle and Jessica.

One of the photographs is my desk. The other is Jessicas, which looks like this all the time.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am boneachingly jealous. I wish I had me some Michelle and Jessica.

I moved desks today. Mess and dust and crap everywhere. And I am ANAL about my workspace. So this desk was like *shudder* for me. But 3 hours later you could freaking EAT off the bastard.

Artful Kisser said...

I need some Michelle & Jessica too. Love the symmetry of the first desk. Wish this was my desk.

Beaman said...

I like the first desk too. Looks very smart and cosy.

jmb said...

I have two desks which are beyond help since I am such a hoarder. I am now forced to use the dining room table.

CelloBella said...

Ahh but can you find everything?

I tidied my desk the other day and reorganised my everything file (the which I carry around which has everything in it) but that I fear had more to do with procrastination rather than cleanliness.

Colin Campbell said...

Compulsive desk tidying can also be a symptom of overwork and not knowing where to start. Rather than tackling the difficult issues, clean up a bit, surf the net, make a few calls, have a coffee....

James Higham said...

Michelle and Jessica?

Do tell.