www.flickr.com

Friday, September 12, 2008

Man Uses Hedgehog as Weapon Faces Jail

I am always interested how Zemanta, which is add on blogging software throws out suggestions for links when you write posts.

I liked this one from my last post on my name, presumably because I mentioned New Zealand.

"It hit the victim in the leg, causing a large, red welt and several puncture marks," said Senior Sgt Bruce Jenkins, in the North Island town of Whakatane.

It was unclear whether the hedgehog was still alive when it was thrown, though it was dead when collected as evidence.

The police spokesman said the suspect was arrested "for assault with a weapon, namely the hedgehog."


Important stuff. Don't throw Hedgehogs in New Zealand.

I wonder how you pick up a hedgehog and throw it.

And for Jayne, here's the recipe.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

5 comments:

Bock the Robber said...

I wrote about this incident some time ago, and I must say I was impressed by the wall of silence thrown up around New Zealand. The rest of the world is still none the wiser.

You've pretty much covered the same details except for one crucial matter: how did the hedgehog die?

The entire case will turn on this detail.

Perhaps when those All Blacks come to Munster and we beat them again, one of them will break down and reveal the truth.

Jayne said...

"I wonder how you pick up a hedgehog and throw it. "
Answer -
Very, very carefully and don't get caught!
Although I've heard they make a nice roast with gravy....

James Higham said...

You mean you didn't enter the Hedgehog Throwing Worlds in Adelaide last summer? Great fun for all participants.

michael greenwell said...

there might be a case to be made from the [ex] hedgehogs point of view too.

RobW said...

I think you have to scoop it up.